Dowden visits cinema after independent sector receives £650,000 in Covid funding
Secretary of Culture Oliver Dowden toured one of 42 cinemas, and is part of a government grant funding the independent film industry for the coronavirus, worth £ 650,000.
On Friday, Mr. Dowden posted the photographs he had obtained from the British film institute representatives during his visit to the Reel Cinemas office in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
In one photograph, Mr Dowden has a box of popcorn as an image is put inside one of the film theaters of Reel Cinemas, wearing a mask on his forehead.
"Nothing beats the large screen view. He tweeted.
Our Culture Rehabilitation Fund also supports decades of independent artists around the country to maintain the unmistakable identity and heritage of potential generations.
"Today a wonderful @Reel Cinema stay with @BFI in # Borehamwood.
This is one of 42 cinemas with a £650,000 share of our £1,57 billion # CultureRecoveryFund
"A shot of plenty to come in the arm of independent film.
HereForCulture are # We're here.
You help fund your nearby film.
Around 14 places at Reel Cinemas – Chippenham, Chorley and Rochdale – are funded by the project for a total of £ 139,958.
The funds are derived from the recently reported government funds of £ 30 million to help independent movies and combat the pandemic.
In Gloucester, London, Plymouth, Rochdale, Wakefield, Sheffield, the first community network traveled to areas across England and more were soon to be assigned.
The first round of money from the cultural rehabilitation fund had been reversed one week after Monday October 5, according to Arts Council England.
Monday was to mark the day that grassroots music venues began to learn if their submissions were successful for the £1,57 billion cultural rehabilitation fund.
A tweet from the Music Venue Trust (MVT) on Twitter responded to the board, which offers support and claimed that the pause was "because of the vast number and variety of applications we got, all of them from new organizations."
"We take extra due consideration to ensure that the public funds were invested wisely considering the sum of money involved." It said.
"We truly appreciate the burden on the sector at this moment of struggle and all applicants are approached in order to educate us about it."
The MVT wrote in its original Tweet: "The distributors of the Cultural Reconstruction Fund were postponed until Mon 12 October, the first round due on Monday 5 October.
The decision was declared at 4:00 PM on Friday before.
Who made this choice and why did the trust ask?
A second MVT tweet said: "There are life-changing options about the jobs, livelihoods, companies and even home.
After months of agonizing waiting they are over.
There are individuals on the point of a knife.
A Arts Council spokesperson for England said: "We recognize that this is a moment of tremendous anxiety for many individuals and organizations in the region.
We strive tirelessly to include those that most require this money as soon as possible.
"Given that the applications from this brand-new fund were broad and complicated, we had to do extra due diligence to ensure that taxpayer money was invested wisely.
"We apologize for having postponed the first few applicants for a week by allowing the decision be taken, but this month we will still be able to get them capital.""